I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Saturday 1 October 2011

The Neighbor's House

We have recently moved to a new house on a street that is newly built with all new homes. We applied for the 5 bedroom home but a different family got it and we got to move into the 4 bedroom home. The family had six children living at home with them, like us. I met the mother and she seemed really nice, and I like the idea that there is someone living just a few houses away from me who knows what it is like to raise a large family. But I haven't really had the chance to visit with her much or to get to know her much yet.

Last night, I dreamed that I saw my cat go into her house, so I went over to warn the family not to feed him, no matter how much he begged, because he was starting to get chubby. They were having a barbecue at the time, and she offered me a burger. Although these burgers were full of fat and completely off my nutritious eating plan, I accepted anyway and we chatted while I ate.

She showed me around her home and I was commenting on the changes the builders had made to her home when they enlarged it. That's when I tripped and fell, and then I woke up from the dream.

It was an odd thing to dream about, but maybe my subconcious is telling me to go get to know my neighbor better.


No comments:

Post a Comment