I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Sunday 22 June 2008

Swimming Upstream & Affording A Puppy

I had two dreams that I remember from last night.

In the first one, I was a child and there were other children around me. All of the streets were flooded, like a river, and we were swimming in them. There came a split in the river/road. On one side, which is the side the current was pulling me towards, I could hear rocks and a waterfall. The other side looked like a more peaceful direction, but it was a real struggle to swim that way. Eventually, with a lot of effort, I directed myself down the peaceful path and others were going that way too. We swam into a neighbourhood where really huge houses (like houses for giants) lined the river/road. I had the feeling we were being watched from above, but no one else seemed bothered by it. I saw a giant plastic "castle" in the water, like the tiny ones you would see in fish tanks and that's when I knew - We were being treated like pet fish and watched for the fun of it. I didn't feel threatenend by it, but I wanted to make my own way and not have anyone giving me "treats," so I started heading back up the river/road to where it had forked. I had no idea where the other direction led, but I was determined to take it.

At this point, my daughter Bella started talking in her sleep so I woke up, and went to get her settled again.

In the second dream, which came to me sometime after I got back to sleep, I only remember the end of it. I found out that my husband had sold our new(ish) couch and loveseat (which we just finished paying off) to a pawn shop because we didn't have enough money to buy my daughter Angelica's puppy and we had promised her she could have one. I was really angry with him for not talking to me about it first and for doing something so foolish.

When I woke up at this point, I asked him, sleepily, if he had sold our furniture. He laughed and said no and I drifted back to sleep for a short while. LOL!

In reality, we have the money to buy the dog. I think I'm just used to worrying about money because I've been through so many financially rough patches in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment