I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Doors & Possiblities

Last night, I dreamed we were in a house. It wasn't one I recognized, but it was really big. It was kind of old and run-down looking on the outside, but the inside was more varied. Parts of it were very old and worn and parts of it were very elegant and opulent.

There was a large winding staircase and at the top of the staircase there was a long hallway full of doors. I walked down the hallway and opened the first door I came to. Inside was bright and colorful compared to the drab and grey hallway. It was as if it was a little girl's room and had been decorated to suit a fairy princess, full of pinks and greens and with walls painted with bright and colorful flowers. I closed the door and moved on.

I opened the next door, and inside was a beautiful garden. There were butterflies flitting about and birds chirping. It was sunny inside and I felt the urge to go inside and lay on the grass for a while, but instead I closed the door and moved on.

I opened the next door, and inside I found a sky. There were clouds floating across the room like giant balls of cotton candy, and I knew I could step onto one of them and float peacefully in the air, but instead, I moved on.

I opened the next door and inside was library full of books. There were books of all kinds; some were colorful children's books and some were mysteries. There were text books and horrors. There were romance novels and "how to" books. Every genre was there. There was a soft, comfortable chair for sitting in with a light beside it.

One of the shelves looked different from the rest; it had a pattern of leaves across it. I walked over to it and picked up one of the books. It was authored by me. That's when I noticed that all of the books on this bookshelf were authored by me. And some of the titles were about me too.

I left the room and moved on to the next room. In this room, I found nothing but empty, white space. I stepped inside and thought that the room really needed some color. Immediately splashes of colorful paint showed up all around me. I was surprised, but then I had another thought that the room needed somewhere to sit. A chair showed up beside me.

That's when I realized that this was a room of possibilities, and that's why it had been blank. Because anything was possible; all I had to do was think of it.

That's when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment