I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Friday 19 February 2010

Disjointed Dream Memory

I guess I went to bed worrying about my weight (again) and about how my kids and I were going to get to town this morning. We planned on walking, but I knew it might be difficult for the younger kids and I was a little worried that we wouldn't make it to our appointment on time.

The reason I know these things were on my mind when I went to bed last night is because my dream, what little I can remember of it, was all about those things. In the dream, Robert had made more cupcakes and different family members kept offering them to me. I had to keep turning down the cupcakes offered, even though I really wanted one, because I knew how much I wanted to reach my goal weight this week.

And then I was trying to get the kids ready to go to our appointment in town, and they kept messing up their hair after I'd brushed it so that I would have to brush it again. I would change the baby's diaper and then he'd poo in it again, so I would have to change him again. After lots of interruptions and things keeping me from getting everyone ready, we finally went out, with the double stroller and the single stroller in use so that the three youngest would not have to get too tired walking, and then before we even got to the gate at the end of our driveway, my 7 year old daughter was saying, "Mommy, my legs are tired!"

Oddly enough, my day actually was a little bit like I dreamed it, only I had to turn down cake and McDonald's. And we were late to the appointment, but not by much.

No comments:

Post a Comment