I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Friday 22 August 2008

My Fairy Guardian

I had another unusual dream, but it was kind of nice.

In the dream, I was visited by a fairy. She was lovely, all golden and green and sparkly. Her skin was a pale blueish-green. She told me that she'd watched me my whole life. She said that she wanted me to come with her, that as a child I was so carefree and fearless that it made me strong. I was powerful as a child and I'd lost that power over the years but could get it back. She told me that she wanted me to come with her and that, in doing so, I would forget all of my cares and responsibilities and just be able to enjoy the luxury and decadence of her world. As tempting as it sounded, I did not want to forget my family, and I treasured the worry and stress as much as the good stuff because it was all a part of loving them and part of living. I told her that if I let her make me forget, then I would lose a part of me and no longer be me.

She told me that she would continue to watch over me, and she hoped I would try to find my power again. She said she would give me help along the way but that I wouldn't know it was her. And she told me that she had a gift for me, something that I had as a child and had never really lost but was having trouble finding again. The next thing I knew, I was flying. There was absolutely no effort whatsoever on my part to do so, and I had complete control over it. And my clothes had changed. I was wearing a very detailed but comfortable red sun dress (with layers). I have always looked horrible in red, but somehow this one looked great on me. (Oh, and I was thin in this dream.)

She left and I continued to fly and felt terrific.

One of my childhood pastors looked up from the church field and saw me. He told me I must be evil because I had the power to fly, but I ignored him, because I knew I wasn't evil, and I felt sorry for him because of his closed-mindedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment