I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Sunday 7 February 2010

Caterpillars & Dandelions

Last night, I had a very complicated dream, at least, I feel like I did, but I only remember bits from the end of it, just before I woke. In one bit, I was gathering dandelions while they were still yellow flowers. I was gathering them to cook. I was going to boil them and add them to other vegetables as part of dinner.

I remember reading once that people used to cook dandelions and eat them, so this dream is probably just a result of that memory. This part of a dream was at the end of a much more involved dream, but no matter how hard I try, I can’t remember the rest of the dream.

In another part of the dream, I found a caterpillar. It was fuzzy and black with little red spots. I put in a shoebox full of leaves and brought it inside to show to the kids. I knew they’d be fascinated by it and want to gently stroke its fuzziness with a finger. I planned on letting it go after the kids had seen it. I think this bit was at the end of the dandelion part of my dream, as if I found the caterpillar while gathering dandelions.

But that is all I can remember of the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment