I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Friday 12 February 2010

Doorways & Family On The Other Side

In last night’s dream, I was shopping, and my son Cameron was with me. He started crawling away through the aisles of clothing, and as I went to follow him, the sales clerk assured me that there was nowhere for him to go and that he’d be perfectly safe there. I followed him anyway. He crawled down a short hallway that had doors to the ladies’ room and men’s room on either side. I picked him up, not wanting him to get dirty on the floor.

There was a doorway at the end of the hall too. As I looked, a woman came out. She had on a lab coat. I wasn’t sure if she was a doctor or a scientist, but before she closed the door behind her, I caught a glimpse of others in the room behind the door who were also wearing lab coats. She smiled at me and said, “Cute baby.” She said something else to me then, but I can’t remember what it was.

I left the hallway and went back into the main part of the store with Cameron still in my arms. I walked to the back of the store and noticed another door. It didn’t look like it fit with the rest of the store. Curious, I opened it and found a pub on the other side. I entered the pub and it was full of people. It appeared that there was a party going on in the pub. There was an indoor grill and a couple of men were barbequing on it. Someone else was serving drinks, and there was a lot of general socializing and friendly chatter going on.

I began to recognize some of the faces in the pub. I recognized my grandmothers and my grandfathers (all who have died in years past). An elderly gentleman called me over and started chatting with me. I think he was a great-uncle or great-great-uncle of mine, but I can’t remember now. I just remember that everyone in the pub was a relation of mine who had died. They oohed and aahed over how adorable Cameron was. They asked about the rest of the family and within minutes Robert and the rest of the kids came through the door from the store.

I remember feeling really good there, really loved and a part of something much bigger than myself. I remember lots of talks with people there but I can’t remember what we talked about, only that it was important. Two people told me not to worry, everything was going to work out just great, and I believed them. Then I woke up.

Just thinking about the dream so that I can remember enough to write it down now is bringing back that pleasant feeling from the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment