I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Friday 5 February 2010

Sick Kitty

I woke up early this morning due to my cat throwing up on the floor beside my bed. I quickly picked him up and put him in the bathtub in the bathroom and grabbed what I would need to go and clean up the vomit from the floor. When I went back to the bathroom, he was gone, and I was too tired to look for him even though I knew I should put him outside.

When I went back to bed, my anxiety over what would happen with him still in the house seeped into my dream as I fell back asleep.

I dreamed that I got up in the morning and went downstairs. As I got downstairs, I found that my cat had been sick again in the downstairs hall. I cleaned up the sick and worried that he had been sick elsewhere, but I woke up from the dream before my dream-self went looking for the cat.

Awake now, I really did go downstairs. My younger children were up and demanding breakfast so I started the morning routine of packing their lunches for school and making them breakfast. Then I heard my 7 year old yelling, “Yucky! Mommy! There’s something really gross in the back room!”

I went into the dining room and saw that the cat had apparently had diarrhea on the carpet in there. So my anxious dream of earlier wasn’t too far off the mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment