I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Wednesday 10 February 2010

A Dreaming Problem With My Body Image

I can’t remember much about my dream last night, but it had a lot to do with my weight loss efforts and my unhappiness with the current state of how slowly I am losing weight and how my body is reshaping.

In the dream, even though I am only 2 ½ pounds away from a healthy BMI for my height, and even though I only have 4 ½ pounds left to lose until I reach my goal weight, I felt HUGE. I felt as though parts of my body were still as enormous as they had been at the beginning of my weight loss efforts.

My husband has recently commented to me on how tiny my bottom is getting, but, in the dream, I looked over my shoulder into a mirror so I could see myself from behind, and my butt was humongous!

I really only remember the general feel of the dream and that last part where I looked into the mirror and saw how big I was from behind and felt my heart sink.

I was relieved to wake up from this particular dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment