I have vivid and unusual dreams, when I remember them. Often, they play out like movies. If dreams can tell us anything about ourselves, then this dream journal should tell a lot about me! (Let's hope it doesn't just say I'm a crazy lady.)

Thursday 4 February 2010

Remembering & Forgetting

I haven't been remembering my dreams lately. I know that I have been dreaming, because I wake up with the dream just on the edge of my memory, something I know is there but I can't quite bring back fully into my mind.

I really want to keep writing my dreams down here, but I can't do that if I don't remember what my dreams are about. I know the reason I don't remember them; lately, I have not been able to wake up in my own time. Other things have woken me and needed my immediate attention, and with my mind turning instantly to other things, whatever I had just been dreaming is soon lost.

Either my husband wakes me to tell me to go and wake up our teenage daughters for school (the price of being the one on the side of the bed nearest to the door), or my three year old wakes in the middle of the night and needs my attention. Sometimes it's the baby waking in the middle of the night or early in the morning because he needs a diaper change or he's hungry. Other times, it is my four year old daughter waking because she's had a bad dream. Even our cat and dog take their turns to wake me up, the dog because he's found something to bark at in the middle of the night and won't quiet himself until I've gone downstairs and spoken to him and the cat because he's decided he wants attention in the middle of the night so decides to walk all over my face, purring as loudly as he can.

Whatever the reasons, I am not sure what it is going to take for me to start remembering my dreams again. Maybe I should try taking a nap. I could sure use one, with or without dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment